Maddy Lane has been a key member of our WSL team for multiple years now. She's also taken like a duck to water to coaching, and is currently taking care of one of Taroona FC’s U14/U15 teams, coaches in the SKiLLS program, and has recently travelled up North to assist coaching our Youth Development squad in the Devonport Cup. Away from the football field, Maddy is undertaking her second year in engineering, and when she’s not studying you’ll probably find her reading or taking a cheeky afternoon nap.
With her affable and strong-willed personality, Maddy makes a great Pirate crew member on the park and off. She’s always willing to have a go at running the kiosk, helping at a Bunnings BBQ, or any of the odd jobs that need doing around the club. Maddy highly recommends getting involved with volunteering and says it’s an “amazing way to get connected to club [and] meet so many other passionate people”.
Fun Facts about Maddy:
1. What makes you proud to be a Taroona Pirate? The amazing community and people that make Taroona FC
2. What are the best and worst purchases you’ve ever made? Best: Taroona FC hoodie. Worst: a LaBella pizza I couldn't finish [because it was too big]
3. What’s something we would never guess about you? I lived in Belgium for 3 years
4. What is your favourite book? Can't pick just one, but at the moment The Rise of Kyoshi
5. What was your first favourite movie as a child? How to Train Your Dragon